We know you have options when choosing a surgeon and hospital for your weight loss surgery. Here’s why we think our program is a great choice:
The Center for Surgical Weight Loss at Lake Norman Regional Medical Center has received the following recognition:
The Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program.
Designated member, Blue Distinction Centers+ for Bariatric Surgery® Program (BDC+)
Designated Institute of Quality by Aetna Institutes of Quality® (IOQ) Bariatric Program
What does this mean?
These organizations have a strict set of standards that must be met before a hospital can receive these distinct seals of approval. Their rigorous review process helps ensure hospitals have all components in place to produce the best outcomes for patients. This includes:
- Staff specially-trained to treat morbidly-obese patients, including the surgeon, nurses, radiologists, anesthesiologists, nutritionists and psychologists.
- Specialized equipment and accommodations (such as patient rooms with enlarged doorways and bathrooms) that help provide a safe and comfortable hospital stay.
- Most importantly, patient experiences and outcomes are evaluated and must also meet a high standard.
Our accreditation and additional designations reflect our commitment and ability to provide high-quality bariatric care.
We know it can be difficult to take the first step toward obtaining weight-loss surgery; that’s why we’ll do everything possible to help you feel supported and encouraged:
- If you attend one of our free bariatric seminars and decide you’d like to take the next step, we can set-up your free consultation before you leave. We can also verify insurance coverage, and contact you with any obstacles prior to your appointment with Dr. Heider.
- Our Bariatric Nurse Navigator will guide you through each step of the process and help to schedule appointments with other providers.
- We are a “one-stop” shop: Dr. Heider’s office is located in the Medical Pavilion at Lake Norman Regional Medical Center, and all support appointments (nutritionist, behavior-health specialist, etc.) are located within the medical center.
- We keep your physicians informed. Bariatric surgery is about more than just losing weight; it’s about freeing yourself from health issues that are associated with obesity – such as high blood pressure, diabetes and sleep apnea. We will keep your primary care doctor and any specialists up-to-date on your progress so everyone is working together for your benefit.
- We will support you before, during and after your surgery. The Center for Surgical Weight Loss offers pre-surgery education classes for patients and their families, and after-surgery there are monthly support group meetings. We will help you stay focused on the path to a new life, with a focus on physical, mental and emotional well-being.
We look forward to supporting you on this journey!
To register for a free seminar, view available dates or call 1-888-995-6762 (888-99LNRMC).