At the Center for Surgical Weight Loss at Lake Norman Regional Medical Center, we understand that weight loss is a complicated issue, and it requires a supportive community to make lasting changes. And, we believe it is never too late to take control. We know you have options when choosing a surgeon and hospital for your weight loss surgery. We believe our program is a great choice because the Center for Surgical Weight Loss at Lake Norman Regional Medical Center has received the following recognitions:
- MBSAQIP – The Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program
- Blue Distinction Centers+ – Designated member, Blue Distinction Centers+ for Bariatric Surgery® Program (BDC+)
- AETNA IOQ – Designated Institute of Quality by Aetna Institutes of Quality® (IOQ) Bariatric Program
These organizations have a strict set of standards that must be met before a hospital can receive these distinct seals of approval. Their rigorous review process helps ensure hospitals have all components in place to produce the best outcomes for patients. This includes:
- Staff specially-trained to treat morbidly-obese patients, including the surgeon, nurses, radiologists, anesthesiologists, nutritionists and psychologists.
- Specialized equipment and accommodations (such as patient rooms with enlarged doorways and bathrooms) that help provide a safe and comfortable hospital stay.
- Most importantly, patient experiences and outcomes are evaluated and must also meet a high standard.
- Our accreditation and additional designations reflect our commitment and ability to provide high-quality bariatric care.